Orders Over $19.99!*
The Juki TL 2010Q is a single-needle lockstitch machine for straight stitching and quilting is also perfect for tailoring, dressmaking and home decor items. The Juki 2010Q can be used as a table top machine, mounted into some cabinets or used on machine quilting frames. The Juki 2010 is portable and has a built in carrying handle. Sewing area extension shown in picture is included with the Juki 2010 sewing machine.
Automatic Thread Trimmer
The machine is equipped with an automatic thread trimming device that simultaneously cuts the needle and bobbin threads at the sewing end by lightly pressing the push-button. It uses the thread trimming mechanism that is similar to the industrial sewing machine type.
Automatic Needle Threader
The push lever automatic needle threader easily threads the needle without eyestrain and allows you to start sewing quickly.
Easy Bobbin Replacement
A new bobbin case latch and an enlarged bobbin case area make it easier to remove and replace the bobbin.A
Knee Lifter Lever
The knee lifter lever allows you to lift / lower the presser foot without using your hands.
Adjustment of Presser Foot Pressure
Presser foot pressure can be adjusted according to the fabric being sewn by turning a regulator located on the top of the machine.
Needle Up/Down Control
The machine will stop the needle in the down position when you stop sewing to allow pivoting action or more accurate free motion work. The needle can be moved up and down with the simple push of a button.
Even Feed Foot
1/5 Inch Quilting Foot
1/4 Inch Quilting Foot
There are 7 review(s) for this product
by Jennifer – 20th Apr 2017
I love this machine. I debated for weeks between this and the Juki 2000q or the Brother 1500s. I decided that perhaps I needed the speed control of this machine and I'm so glad I chose this one. This machine is fast! So instead of worrying about keeping my foot depressed at a steady level, I just set it to slightly above turtle speed! Stitches are smooth and consistent and it's relatively quiet compared to my Janome DC2015 (that I also like).
So far, I've used it to piece fabrics and go over bulky seams on several bags. It's done a fantastic job (see one user error note below). It winds bobbins smoothly and evenly and the table has a pop up door to help you access the bobbin area more easily. My machine tension has been great (using Mettler metrosene so far). This my first machine with a knee bar and that's been a game changer. Usually I sew standing up on a higher desk but I started sitting again so I could use this feature more easily.
1. I loved buying from Sew Vac Direct via Amazon. Great customer service. Stephen has been helpful before and after purchase. I also bought a 5 year extended warranty directly from Sew Vac Direct after the sale. I'm not sure I will need it but glad to have the assurance.
2. If you use the bundled walking foot, remember to decrease the presser foot pressure all the way (this note is in the manual but I overlooked it) and tighten the needle screw with the screwdriver. I broke 5 needles because I was tightening the needle screw by hand and when I went over bulky bag seams, it loosened itself ever so slightly. This hasn't happened since I used the enclosed screwdriver to tighten it. Also when I first used the walking foot, it sounded different than my Janome (more clanky) Stephen connected me to Elbert of Juki.com service. He sent me a needle screw that he has made specifically for the walking foot. (His customer service makes me glad I chose Juki!) The foot is still louder than my other machine but it seems to be working fine and I sent Elbert a video of it and he said it sounded normal.
3. The lighting is good around the needle but there are shadows to the right of the needle that made it harder for me to see. I bought this LED lighting kit from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGKB02Q Wow, it's an incredible difference. (There's a Youtube video for installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crUR5Y3lZSM) I don't work for them, I just found it to be a great accessory.
4. I had read that some people accidentally cut the threads with the foot pedal and someone recommended to turn the pedal sideways. This is what I'm doing and so it's an intentional move of my foot to the right to cut the threads. So far it's been fine.
5. The needle threader is tricky but mine works. There are a couple of videos out there but I found this one to be most helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6D5n8UZLHk I've been using the enclosed Organ size 14 needles. There's an art to using it and I've yet to get it on the first try but it does work.
If I've not answered your question, please leave a comment. I've not used the machine on a quilting frame. I intend to use it for bag making, quilting smaller pieces (for now), draperies, and some clothing so this review will be more useful to similar users.
by Holly Wahlstrom – 20th Dec 2016
Just like the reviews before me, I LOVE this machine! Perfect! Everything the other reviewers said about appreciation of the machine is true, so I will concentrate on the incredibly wonderful customer service. I bought my Grace quilting frame at the same time. My agent guided me in such a fantastic way! She had my best interests at heart, and her advice was beyond excellent. Her recommendations made perfect sense, and I am quilting like a wild thing! The SewVac staff is the nicest I have ever dealt with, and delivery and customer service is lightening fast. If there were more than 5 starts, I would give it as a rating. You will never regret this fine machine purchase.
by Ivy – 13th Apr 2015
I love this machine! My favorite sewing machine ever! Stitch quality is fantastic. Takes any thread, even heavy ones. Perfect tension. No issues there. Speed control. Decent throat space. And I find the automatic needle threader to be fun.
My only complaint would be the walking foot has no guide and is closed-toed, there just aren't enough feet (I would love a ditch quilting foot), and you probably will need additional lighting, as I did.
And SewVacDirect is awesome to work with. Great people!
by Jean, Seattle WA – 2nd Jun 2014
Fifteen minutes out of the box, I had it set up, threaded and sewing. This is a great little machine! It makes an awesome straight stitch -- proof positive that simplicity pays off. I bought this as my "travel" machine and a quilting machine. I'm kicking myself for not buying one sooner! Delivery was without issue and was delivered as promised. Quality machine. Quality retailer.
by Carol Wetherington – 2nd Mar 2014
Received this machine in record time. Great service from Sew Vac Direct. The TL2010Q stitches beautifully no matter what speed. Very quiet. Very pleased with it so far.
by Kathleen Harris – 31st Jan 2014
I ordered this machine and received it less than a week later. I've only had it about a week, but I love it. It is wonderful for both piecing and quilting. The stitches are beautiful, and the tension is perfect. The thread cutter has been a pleasant surprise. I was not really expecting much, but it is a wonderful time saver. I highly recommend both the machine and SewVacDirect.
by Yvonne King – 19th Jan 2012
This is a GREAT machine for quilting. I bought it with the grace frame, got the machine first before the frame came and I loved it for free motion quilting. But on the frame it is a smooth rider and has given no problems at all.
I also love dealing with sewvacdirect, they are just good people and so far have been able to answer all the questions I have. I have purchased 4 janome's from them in the past four years and have been blessed everytime with a good machine and great service.