Insert packaged Piping into seams and edges for a tailored finish. Cover cord with fabric for specialty piping. Straight stitch, length 2.5.
1. Snap on the Piping Foot. To stitch piping into a seam.
2. Place piping along seam line on right side of fabric. Place second piece of fabric on top with right sides together.
3. Put fabric and piping layers under Piping Foot with the piping in the groove on the underside of the foot. Sew. The groove on the underside of the foot will guide the piping as you sew.
(Hint: Notch the seam allowance of the piping on curves and corners.)
To make piping from your fabric:
1. Cut Bias or crosswise grain strips, wide enough to cover the cording plus seam allowances.
2. Lay the cording on the wrong side of the fabric strip and wrap the fabric over the cord.
3. Place the fabric and cord under the Piping Foot with the cord in the groove on the underside of the foot.
4. Sew. The groove will guide the cord so the fabric covers it evenly.
(Hint: When you sew this piping into a garment, adjust the needle position so it stitches one setting closer to the cord to cover the first stitching.)
There are 0 review(s) for this product
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!