Wedding Ring Applique Quilts
Embroidery designs that transform quilt tops into finished quilts!
Don't be biased against curved piecing anymore!
Stitching traditional wedding ring quilts often evokes imagery of battling the fabric bias while pinning and stitching curved fabric. What a headache!
But we have a solution that has been tested!
We put our novice stitcher to the test to see if she could successfully stitch a quilt block using the methods outlined in the Wedding Ring Applique collection. We gave her no special guidance.
The outcome was exciting.
Here are a few words she used during the process of making the quilt block:
- So this is why people stitch!
- This is shockingly easy!
- What a satisfying and productive day!
- This is afternoon bucket list fun!
- I had no idea I could sew a curve!
- Challenging but not impossible!
- I'm no longer a beginner!
- What an incredible journey!
With the Wedding Ring Applique Collection you'll learn how to:
- Piece the quilt top
- Make a quilt sandwich
- Embroider the quilt designs
Wedding Ring Applique includes:
- 5 designs to embellish the quilt borders
- 5 designs to embellish the Wedding Ring blocks
- Instructions to applique and piece the quilt top with your sewing machine
Once you try Eileen Roche's techniques for preparing and sewing curved fabric your options for creativity will expand. Top off the quilt with embroidery designs sized to fit the pieced quilt. Voila! You have made an heirloom quality quilt!
Embroidery Formats: ART, C2S, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP, VP3
Design Sizes: 130mm x 180mm (5” x 7”) or smaller
180mm x 300 mm (7” x 12”) or smaller
Requirements: Embroidery software, 5” x 7” hoop or 7” x 12” hoop
Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free download: www.adobe.com/reader)