Uniquely You Your Shape Pinnable Dressform - Small
- No longer available
This item has been discontinued.
Made In The USA With All USA Made Parts!
It is unique for a few reasons, the most obvious being that it is soft. It is made of high-density foam that allows you to pin into it easily, great for the sewer who uses the draping technique of pattern drafting. Being made of foam means it is ideal for use by corset makers as it can be squeezed and shaped much like the human body.
Uniquely You Dressform includes a cover as well!
To select the proper dress form and cover size:
- Take the measurements over under garments at the fullest part of hip and bust to the closest half-inch.
- Select your form size according to hip measurement.
- Then select your cover size according to your bust measurement. The chart applies even if you are short-waist (half-size) or long waist.
- Find your cover size across from your form size and select below.
- Made of durable, soft polyurethane (also known as foam rubber)
- Pre-constructed cover/shell included
- Adjustable to your height for hemming
- Turns a full 360 degrees
- Realistic bust with adjustable "bust string" to obtain natural cleavage
- Several women can use the same form with the use of individual covers
- Should you change size, simply re-adjust the cover seams to fit your new shape
- Solutions for long and short waist sewing problems
- Smooth, non-broken body sewing surface
- Consumer accepted for 23 years
- Pre-constructed cover can easily be adjusted to your shape
- Your personal cover provides accurate measurements for flat pattern alterations
- The cover is zipped onto the pre-shaped body form and becomes your twin because it compresses to fill the shape of the cover
- Ultra durable - you can hem on it, steam press on it, pin it, drape on it, baste on it, design and tailor on it
Very disappointed it won't compress down enough in the breast to meet my measurements you get a double boob affect and I don't want to cut it destroy it. Really upset about this because it took me a long time to save up to get this. I have to pay for the return shipping and also when I get a refund they say they make me pay to ship it back and also you pay for the shipment when they sent it to you. So you don't get a full refund so you losing out on almost $100. Really upset about this. I was recommended getting this size according to my measurements. Really wish I would have got the petite size even though I we need to pad the hips. Really don't know what to do to get this to work.
My measurements are the max measurements of the petite, except my waist measurement is about an inch wider, so I went with the small, and ordered the size 4 slip cover. I was told that it's easier to shave the foam down than it is to pad out one that is too small, so I thought I'd made the right decision. I also trusted that, if the Small is what comes with the size 4 slip cover, that the foam would be able to compress down to the size of the size 4 slip cover. Apparently, it does not. I understand that it's difficult to squeeze the foam form into the slip cover. I understand that it's a 2-person job to accomplish that. But I am talking , the small form is 40" at the hips but is still supposed to be able to compress down to 34". The foam is very dense, and does not seem to be able to squish down that much. My friend and I were fighting to zip the thing up, and it was impossible. The zipper was going to break, or seams were going to tear, before we were going to get the thing zipped all the way. Mind you, my measurements were very close to where the size 4 slip cover started; the only major area where I took it in was the bust, but I already knew I was going to have to cut the bust off (and I did). But even after I cut it off, and even after I shaved down the upper back and sides, we still could not get it to zip without fearing something would tear. I'm very much regretting trusting that the maker knew what they were doing by assigning this "small" mannequin to the size 4 slip cover, as it doesn't seem possible for something as small as the size 4, even at its max measurements, to fit over. I should've bought the petite and padded out the waist. Instead, I will have to shave almost the entire thing down just to be able to use it. Much regret. I will be warning my friends about this product.
I LOVE this dress form. Made in the USA!!! Sold by someone in the USA!!! Excellent customer service. Excellent website. Excellent PRODUCT. Yes, it takes work to "assemble", but end the end it is better than any other dress form in its price range. I recommend this dressform to everyone. Thank you, SewVac!!!
It works great for those whose bodies defy standard dress forms.
If you are close to standard size it does not take long to fit the mannequin
You have the option to perform surgery on the form to move the chest where it fits on YOUR body instead of where the dress form puts it.
You can stick pins straight into this dummy without bending pins or damaging the form. WOO HOO!
It IS hard to zip this sucker up,
It does take more time to adjust and tweak to make it fit right, but in the end it's worth it.
I bought my first on in the early 70's. In 2004, I moved onto a condo and gave it away because I hadn't sewn in years. am now making my own ballroom dance costumes and need a dress form. I would not have any other. I had to search the net to find Uniquely You.