This item has been discontinued.
Made In The USA With All USA Made Parts!
It is unique for a few reasons, the most obvious being that it is soft. It is made of high-density foam that allows you to pin into it easily, great for the sewer who uses the draping technique of pattern drafting. Being made of foam means it is ideal for use by corset makers as it can be squeezed and shaped much like the human body.
Uniquely You Dressform includes a cover as well!
To select the proper dress form and cover size:
- Take the measurements over under garments at the fullest part of hip and bust to the closest half-inch.
- Select your form size according to hip measurement.
- Then select your cover size according to your bust measurement. The chart applies even if you are short-waist (half-size) or long waist.
- Find your cover size across from your form size and select below.
- Made of durable, soft polyurethane (also known as foam rubber)
- Pre-constructed cover/shell included
- Adjustable to your height for hemming
- Turns a full 360 degrees
- Realistic bust with adjustable "bust string" to obtain natural cleavage
- Several women can use the same form with the use of individual covers
- Should you change size, simply re-adjust the cover seams to fit your new shape
- Solutions for long and short waist sewing problems
- Smooth, non-broken body sewing surface
- Consumer accepted for 23 years
- Pre-constructed cover can easily be adjusted to your shape
- Your personal cover provides accurate measurements for flat pattern alterations
- The cover is zipped onto the pre-shaped body form and becomes your twin because it compresses to fill the shape of the cover
- Ultra durable - you can hem on it, steam press on it, pin it, drape on it, baste on it, design and tailor on it
This dress form is so solid and well made, I walk pass it and for a moment, I think it's alive. I can't wait to start using her.
I love this dress form. Because it is foam rubber, you can stick all your pins in it, hang your pattern pieces and tapes on it as we'll. I was able to adjust it so it is slightly bigger than me to help achieve the perfect fit without mistakes. Doesn't tip over and stays in place when necessary. I would highly recommend this product. Great price too! Order to shipment was fast. Good service.
This is a wonderful dress form once it's properly fit. The fitter should have some fitting and sewing experience. The only short coming I could mention is that the stand is unstable under the size of a large. The 4 feet should be longer. As it is the feet have to be sandbagged.
I love this form. After researching so many dressforms, I finally decided to purchase this one. The ability to shape it to my own body was terrific and the price made it just too good to pass up. It does take some time to read the instructions, pin, sew and fit it but it's worth the trouble. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good, long lasting form.
I have unpacked and set up the dressform, but just started fitting the cover to my size, so can't comment fully on it. However, all the parts were there, it was very easy to put together and set up, and the directions are very clear.
Getting the cover precisely fitted to my body will be a big task. It is requiring another person to help alongside, and it would be great if that helper were an experienced tailor! I have to be zipped in and out of the cover repeatedly and can't reach the zip.
Getting the larger size cover would be the better choice-it's easier to adjust to smaller, than to larger.
The breasts are really huge on the form (Bigger than me, and I'm a DD). And they look very low. I may have to cut them off and glue them on higher on the chest. We'll see how it goes. But it's fun and intriguing and I think it will work. You just have to be aware it's a whole project getting it in shape.
I love the dress form . The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the boobs are funny but otherwise great !!!