Sylvia Design Sewing Furniture - Model 1520 Quilter's Dream Cabinet
The “Transformer” of all Sylvia sewing machine cabinets. As one of our most popular models, the 1520 features over 16 square feet of surface area. This is perfect to quilt large quilts, sew drapes, home décor, and other projects whether they are large or small. Adjust the size of the cabinet by folding down the back or side extensions. This cabinet model gives every quilter and sewer the options of additional space when it is needed.
The Quilters Dream sewing machine cabinet has four steel drawers that open and close sew easy and are perfect for organizing your favorite accessories and threads. Also included are commercial grade locking casters which makes it easy to move your cabinet around your sewing or quilting studio. All hinges are flush mounted so will not snag and interfere with your quilting or sewing.
The finish on Sylvia Furniture is perfect for quilters scissors and pins because it is scratch resistant for durability and long lasting beauty. The Rudersburg 3 position lift makes it easy to adjust the height of the machine so you can use the free arm, embroider or lower your machine so the free arm is flush with the top of the cabinet – the perfect position for piecing and quilting or you can lower the machine all the way down when you are finished for the day and close the cabinet up. This piece of sewing furniture was designed by quilters and sewers and customers who purchases this model just love it!
It even comes with a lifetime warranty!!!
Still need more surface area? As seen in the Mahogany image to the left, you can add an optional #1570 Quilter's Extension for added surface area and support for big and bulky quilts and projects!
- Commercial grade locking casters.
- Dowel construction for tight, strong joints.
- Flush mounted hinges mean no snags on fabrics or quilts.
- Pre-Drilled for optional hinged drop leaf at back of cabinet. Quilters love the extra space.
- Centered sewing surface with sewer positioned directly in front of needle, for sewer comfort.
- Fully assembled, all you have to do is mount the casters.
- Tape measure mounted in convenient location for fast, easy measuring
- Working surface of the cabinet is a complete rectangle 59"x39" to provide ample space for all quilting projects.
- Large leaves open up and out and are supported by sturdy, height adjustable wooden frames.
- Air Lift
- 4 Drawers
Note: Sylvia Design does not offer inserts for sergers.
Width: 78 3/4″
Depth: 39 3/4″
Height: 29 3/4″
Width: 41 1/8″
Depth: 21 5/8″
Height: 30 1/2″
Depth: 12 1/2″
I had never thought of changing the knobs on it but after reading a review, I already know the ones I want. Can’t believe I never thought of it.
Great cabinet. Very well made, solid, drawers open and close very smoothly. It will and already has resisted nicks and scratches. Easily opens up to provide plenty of work space yet closes up to a compact decorative cabinet. After considering many different makes, models, and prices, I am very happy with my choice. My preference: I replaced the pull handles to better match the decor in the room. For a few dollars, it was a nice decorative decision. Love the cabinet.