Arrow 98701 Bertha White Large Opening Airlift Cabinet & Extension
- This item ships separately from other warehouses. Usually leaves the warehouse on the next business day.
- 120.00 LBS
If space is not a big concern, sew-aficionados like you will love the Arrow 98701 Bertha sewing cabinet. This arrow sewing cabinet comes in three finishes: white, cherry, and oak, which allows you to choose an option best suited to match your home decor and aesthetics.
The Arrow Bertha cabinet is a bit on the heavier side, weighing approximately 146 lbs. When open, it has the dimensions of 84 inches wide x 39-3/4 inches deep with the quilt leaf extended x 30-1/2 inches high. Folded up, it has a much smaller footprint of only 42 inches wide x 19-3/4 inches deep x 31-1/2 inches high which allows you to fit it into a smaller space.
As a larger-sized sewing cabinet, the Bertha is a cabinet that will hold larger and heavier sewing machines, with an airlift that can hold a machine up to 45 lbs. The airlift offers three different sewing machine placements: storage, free-arm, and flatbed. There is a quilt leaf attached at the back edge of the cabinet to hold your larger projects.
On the left side of the basic machine cabinet is an extension leaf that can be slid on a metal rod for positioning. The Bertha allows you to sew in any position, lessening the strain on your eyes, neck, back and hands. If you need storage, the Bertha has got you covered with her 8 notion trays on the inside of the doors.
This cabinet which rolls around on locking casters can be neatly folded up, allowing you to have a clean room afterwards. Use this Arrow cabinet as an accent piece or console table when not using it to sew.
The Arrow 98701 Bertha also comes with a manufacturers defect warranty, lasting for 3 years from the date it is shipped and a 15-day shipping damage warranty.
An Extraordinary Sewing Cabinet - Arrow 98701 Bertha!
- Sew in any position.
- EZ-Lift air mechanism lets you sew flatbed or free-arm at any height. Also provides easy, effortless storage with a simple push and holds a 45lb. machine!
- Made to fit new larger heavier sewing and embroidery machines. Opening accommodates machines up to 22 9/16" W x 11 3/4" deep.
- Sew comfortably with correct posture avoiding stress on your hands, back, and neck in any position by sitting in front of your needle for center needle sewing.
- Quilt leaf included, extends your work area another 5 square feet behind the cabinet. Your seam construction can be longer and straighter using the quilt leaf because larger fabric won't bunch on the floor and drag your needle.
- Cut out in front allows for machine knee lifters to be used comfortably.
- Plenty of storage with 8 notion trays on the inside of the doors.
- Durable design with composite construction and wood grain laminates.
- Full cabinet doors conceal the sewing machine and sewing accessories - quilt leaf folds up on back of cabinet, so when fully closed the cabinet is neat and compact.
- Locking casters for excellent portability and stability.
- Assembly is a snap! Requires a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet.
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions, plus a friendly toll-free help number.
- Special Note: Optional Custom Inserts Are Shaped To Fit Around YOUR Machine (Multiple Inserts Can Be Purchased Separately If You Have Multiple Machines)
Cabinet Dimensions, Weight and Color
- Open:84" Wide x 39 3/4" Deep (quilt leaf extended)x 30 1/2" High
- Closed:42" Wide x 19 3/4" Deep x 31 1/2" High
- Ships in 3 boxes.
- Weight: 146 lbs
The manufacturer Arrow’s warranty is three years from the date of shipment from Arrow’s facility that covers manufacturer’s defects and a 15-day warranty for any shipping damages.
Click or follow link for Arrow’s complete warranty information: https://www.arrowcabinets.com/faqs/
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The cabinet arrived promptly in three boxes. All the parts were there and in excellent condition. The written directions were not completely clear, but at the end of the directions there was a web address to view a video, which helped considerably. I did have trouble determining which package to find some of the screws - the directions were less clear on this. Most pre-drilled holes were aligned properly, with the exception of the ones to attach the lift. I had to improvise, but it wasn't difficult. The written directions neglected to include reference to the metal bar to attach to the extension or how to attach the extension to the table. The video did a quick reference, but in my opinion was less than sufficient. All in all, however, I took my time putting the table together while referring to both the written directions and video and am pleased with the results. The table fits my two sewing machines well, is smart looking, and very functional. The only con is the plastic bins are too narrow and do not hold most brands of quality threads. The only ones that fit are my small Coats & Clark spools, which I do not use for my normal quilting projects.
This is my third Arrow cabinet. This is a great cabinet, especially for the price. The cabinet is taller than the Koala I was looking at, which allows for more room for your legs to fit comfortably under the cabinet. I also got the custom insert which is fantastic - I highly recommend getting the custom insert if you purchase this or any other cabinet. Overall I am very pleased with this cabinet and Sew Vac Direct - awesome service!!! Thank you!
Got the cabinet - hubby and I set it up on n about a 1/2 hour. I amtall and I really like that the cabinet is 30.5” high. I was looking at a Koala cabinet at 29.25” high oh and a huge price! Glad to have found this one at a smaller price with all the chops I n Ed. The custom insert hasn’t arrived yet, but I’m sure it will be fabulous! Love the cabinet - some of the holes isn’t line up exactly, but not worries it all works like a charm once put together! Highly recommend this cabinet and Sew Vac Direct!
Unfortunately, I had 4 pieces that were damaged and I was missing the quilter ext table screws which set me back about a week from setting it up. I called for replacements and they came in about a week. Their customer service was great! The only thing I would change about the table was the quilters extension table. If you slide the table to the left it doesn't line up with the far left side of the sewing table - it's off about 4 inches making cutting material on the left side messy. I may just end up putting another table by the sewing table and not use the quilting extension for my cutting
I really like the sewing cabinet although I have not been able to use it yet. Assembly was involved but
I was able to do it with only needing another person when it needed to be turned over or stood up.
The delivery was easy, quick, and the delivery man put all three boxes in the house for me. The packaging
of the parts was very well done - everything was in perfect shape when i unpacked the boxes.